Mate will not support Facebook or Google sign-in anymore.
Why are we discontinuing third-party sign-in methods?
1. Privacy. In the light of recent data scandals that involved mostly Facebook and increasing consciousness of people around the world about what companies do with their data, we don't want to keep Facebook/Google SDK in our apps anymore. They're proprietary – we don't know what information they're collecting.
2. Maintenance. Sign-in SDKs are frequently updated. Sometimes they just stop working if we fail to update them on time. We want to keep things simpler. Our native sign-in will always work.
In case you're concerned about privacy:
Important note on the deadline:
We'll remove Facebook/Google sign-in buttons from all Mate apps on February 15, 2020, but all accounts will stay intact. So, even if you see this after that date, simply create a new password, and you'll be able to sign in with new credentials.
How to create a new password if you did not receive an e-mail with a link:
1. Log out of Mate.
2. Enter the e-mail associated with your Facebook or Google account you used as your login method before.
3. You will be asked for password.
4. Select "Forgot password".
5. Check you mail, you will receive a link that allows you to set a new password.
6. Use your new password to log in.